Young Entrepreneurs Mentoring Program 2019
Starting your own company is a unique journey. The intention of the UNE SMART Region Incubator’s Young Entrepreneurs Emerge Mentoring Program for 2019, is to enable the space and resources for young entrepreneurs to learn what you need to know, in order to establish and launch your business.
The Emerge Program will develop our future business leaders, inspire us with their drive and innovation, fuel the region’s vibrant business culture, and help make our New England North West economy grow.
The Emerge Program is a four-week intensive startup program that will provide the topics and allow participants to take a deep dive and implement the startup frameworks and models for your own business and goals. Featuring the groundbreaking Ian Mason, who was instrumental in the creation and growth of Virgin StartUp, Sir Richard Branson’s not-for-profit company for entrepreneurs, and also the SRI’s own Expert in Residence, Gary Morgan, participants will be well-equipped to take off on their very own very successful journey.
Applications to Emerge close on 16 August. Emerge commences 5 September and concludes 27 September, and is conducted across both Armidale and Tamworth UNE SMART Region Incubator sites.
The Emerge Program’s startup learning environment includes:
- Participate in and attend eight interactive sessions on Thursday nights (6pm – 8.30pm) and Fridays (9am – 3.30pm), over a total of four weeks, where we will cover the Young Entrepreneur Framework and have fun developing your business ideas together.
- Play with leading edge startup frameworks to ground and apply the concepts.
- Participants will be provided with a safe space to develop their ideas and receive expert support.
- Access our curation of startup resources (videos, papers, frameworks, podcasts, case studies).
- Pitch your business ideas at the end of the Young Entrepreneur program to engage with the UNE SMART Region Incubator community, and access the ongoing expert programs through face-to-face mentoring and our online community space.
The Young Entrepreneurs Emerge Program for 2019 concludes with a graduation celebration in Armidale on Thursday 26 September.
The Young Entrepreneurs Emerge Program for 2019 has a limited participation of 12 startup founders. The process to receive an offer for a place in Emerge is competitive. Application is through an online application, and answer questions about your business and its potential. That’s it! Applicants may also be nominated by someone they know to SRI Community & Outreach Manager, Dimity Smith, and they will be sent the link for the online application directly.
There is no cost to apply and no cost to successful applicants joining Emerge. There is no formal commitment into Emerge until the Program Agreement, provided upon your selection, is agreed to. Overnight accommodation for the Thursday night is also included for travelling founders participating in the program.
Emerge Program Dates
Week One – Thursday 5 (6pm – 8.30pm) and Friday 6 (9am – 3.30pm) September (Armidale)
Week Two – Thursday 12 (6pm – 8.30pm) and Friday 13 (9am – 3.30pm) September (Tamworth)
Week Three – Thursday 19 (6pm – 8.30pm) and Friday 20 (9am – 3.30pm) September (Tamworth)
Week Four – Thursday 26 (6pm – 8.30pm) and Friday 27 (9am – 3.30pm) September (Armidale)
Pitch Event – 5.30pm Thursday 26 (Armidale)
Graduation Celebration – 7pm Thursday 26 (Armidale)
Time until Emerge 2019