- This event has passed.
Spark Festival – Regional Incubators: Building Communities
October 19 @ 12:00 pm - 2:00 pm
Leading a Regional Incubator is hard, but you’d never swap it for easy-street. Everything is hard-won: founders, participants, members, clients, partners, communities. Everything feels like a first: first client, first backing, first re-investment, first ‘induction pack’, first campaign, (first weekend off…?). Always guessing, always surprised, always thankful, always working, always connected to our communities.
Join this lunchtime meet-up to swap opportunities, strategies for sustainability and trends. Share what makes you different, and why you stay at it. Work with us to build a community of regional incubators who are centred on diversity, committed to addressing grass roots problems, and seeing real-world change.
Join the conversation as a leader of a regional incubator; connect as a student who’s drawn to a road-less-travelled; connect as a Founder looking for an ecosystem.
UNE SMART Region Incubator, University of New England, Trevenna Road, Armidale
UNE SMART Region Incubator, UNE Tamworth Centre, 24 Fitzroy St, Tamworth
UNE FutureCampus, 211 Church St, Parramatta
Come in-person (in either Armidale, Tamworth or Parramatta) or connect via your smartphone or computer (we will send you the link). Come to connect; come because you see opportunity; come as you are.
- Liz Egan, Armidale SRI will be sharing the types of events and outreach activities that work
- Sue-Ellen Hogan, Tamworth SRI has just run a showcase of Founders to the local community
- Matthew Wysel, Data Acquisition and Management, has created a platform so that researchers and founders can share knowledge and data
- Ed Lefley, SRI Space Manager, will be sharing the onboarding process
- Rob Field, UNE Sydney shares the opportunities for linking up with the energy for the startup economy in Parramatta
- Lou Conway, UNE works with innovation partners to grow opportunities in the region