Start Your Application
How can I apply to be a Founder?
The UNE SMART Region Incubator accepts applications from new startups that are scaling up and ready to build the regional economy. Our focus is on startups bringing to market solutions for agriculture, health, environmental services and creative industries.
Start-up founders that self-identify their suitability to the SRI criteria can apply to pitch to the Review Panel which meets on the 4th Tuesday of every month. Similar to an investor’s pitch, this pitch gives you the opportunity to present your start-up. The presentation should, at a minimum, answer these questions:
- What is the problem your start-up is addressing?
- What is your product or service offering?
- What are the milestones you have reached so far?
- How will you achieve your start-up goals?
- What does your team look like?
- Why is it important for you to be working with and at the SRI, rather than working within a commercial office space?.
Think you’re ready to apply? Here’s a few steps you should take to help you decide:
- Work through the UNE SMART Region Incubator Lean Canvas. The Lean Canvas is designed to get you thinking about your idea, your market validation and your unique value proposition to help you understand if your idea has legs.
- Meet with our Community Manager (CM) to discuss the SRI program, your start-up and the application process.
- Prepare your pitch deck. Preparing your pitch deck for the Review Panel will help you think about your suitability for the UNE SMART Region Incubator. Below you’ll find some examples to help you prepare your pitch deck.