- This event has passed.
SMART101: Budgeting and Cashflow – Armidale
February 8, 2019 @ 11:00 am - 1:00 pm
Continuing our SMART101 Outreach Program for 2019, we are hosting our Finance: Budgeting and Cashflow workshops that will be delivered by Rawson Baker Advisors‘ founders Andy and Simon.
Finance is one of the key ingredients for successful startups & businesses. The ability to prepare and monitor budgets and cashflow reports provide businesses with huge advantages, well beyond determining whether the business or idea is even viable, to begin with. This session will give insights into how to prepare your business for success through:
- Breaking down the components of a budget and working through building one
- Will my business make money?
- Building on budgeting via cashflow and working capital reporting
- When will my business have cash in the bank/how much cash do I need to start and run my business?
- Highlighting various compliance issues relevant to new businesses
- What are my compliance requirements?
- Touching on the different entity structure types and their respective benefits/weaknesses
- What entity structure should I have for my business/family
- Working through analysing and measuring business success & failures
- Is my business succeeding, can it do better?
When: 11am – 1pm, Friday 8th Feburary
Where: UNE SMART Region Incubator, Armidale
Andy is based in Tamworth NSW with his wife, 2 year old daughter and son who arrived in May.
Originally from Queensland Andy moved to Singleton NSW for primary and secondary schooling, then on to the University of New England in Armidale to complete his tertiary education. Andy graduated with a Bachelor of Business in Accounting and Management and is now a member of the Institute of Chartered Accountants Australia and New Zealand.
From working in banking in Coonabarabran NSW Andy moved to Tamworth in early 2012 joining a large regional accounting firm. Through this time he developed a passion for helping businesses succeed and grow; understanding that with better systems, information becomes a powerful ally in the ins and outs of running a successful business.
Andy’s drive for his client’s success and out of the box thinking will prove a great asset for Rawson Baker and his clients alike.
Simon grew up on a family farm in the Rocky Creek Valley situated between Bingara and Narrabri, Northern NSW.
He is now based in Tamworth NSW and spends part of his time at the Rocky Creek office.
He holds a Bachelor of Commence from the University of Sydney and is a Member of the Institute of Chartered Accountants Australia and New Zealand.
Simon commenced his career in a boutique CA firm in Sydney. On completing Uni worked as an accountant in London prior to working in Sydney with a CBD Mid-Tier CA Firm. Returning to Tamworth in 2012, Simon worked in a large regional firm, being instrumental in the roll out of Xero, Cloud Accounting and Advisory.
Simon brings 15 years of diverse experience and skills to Rawson Baker along with a genuine passion for regional Australia and his local clients.