Stage Two Expression of Interest Form
NSW Government Innovation Districts COVID-19 R&D Challenges
Are you a New England North West business with a research & development idea for a product or service that will help build economic resilience in NSW? In the wake of COVID-19, and its dramatic impact on the State’s economy, NSW Treasury is asking businesses to pitch new solutions that can be commercialised within 12 months.
Solutions should have a significant impact in your industry, or more broadly across NSW. Examples include, but are not limited to, solutions that:
- boost business sectors heavily impacted by COVID-19, such as tourism, international education or Indigenous companies,
- address ongoing supply chain weaknesses or boost sovereign capability (eg development, design & manufacturing capabilities in Australia),
- strengthen local communities in the management and recovery from outbreaks.
The Innovation Districts Challenges is a state-wide initiative and UNE SMART Region Incubator is here to assist our region’s businesses to prepare for round two. We can also support businesses to identify their research pathway and build connections into the UNE. Businesses will pitch to an independent panel from this area and the best three businesses will then be supported to take part in the state-wide challenge.
- 11 February 2021: Expressions of Interest OPEN for Innovation Districts COVID-19 R&D Challenges Round Two.
- 4 March 2021: Midnight: Expressions of Interest close
- 3 March 2021, 12-1.30pm: Coaching event: Understand how to work with researchers (via Zoom).
- 8 March 2021, 5.30pm-7.00pm: Coaching event: How to deliver a winning pitch (via Zoom – compulsory session for all applicants)
- 11 March 2021, 12-2pm: Competitive Pitch to the NENW Independent Panel and other entrants (via Zoom).
- 15 March 2021: Three NENW Businesses notified to advance to the NSW-wide Challenge
- 1 April 2021: Submit final application
Please complete the following:
- Check your eligibility at https://www.business.nsw.gov.au/support-for-business/innovation-districts-c19-r-and-d-challenges/eligibility
- Complete the eligibility test here: https://treasurynsw.smartygrants.com.au/RDChallenge2
- Complete the following Expression of Interest form.