Red 8 Produce
Meet Anita Taylor and Sarah Burrows.
Red Eight Produce Pty Ltd is a joint venture between two iconic New England enterprises: Balala Station and The Hill Pastoral Co. The entrepreneurial directors, Anita Taylor and Sarah Burrows are leading the project to ‘value add’ to their farm produce and integrate the meat production supply chain, blazing a true ‘paddock to plate” trail for regional producers.
To produce, on-farm, from paddock to plate, the highest quality grass fed meat, using best practice, ethical and sustainable farming methods, butchery and aging.
The objectives of the mobile/modular commercial abattoir model (proof of concept) are:
- value add to regional communities and farms
- support the long term viability of local businesses (eg butchers, truck transport)
- increase employment in regional communities
- complete the ethical production of meat from paddock to plate
- sustain environmentally sound practices
- maintain the supply of best quality grass fed meat