Start by giving your Ideal customer a name (it can be anything!). Feel free to add or change any of the questions here to build your customer profile. The aim is to be as specific as possible around who best fits your idea and why it would be important to them, given their (very specific!) circumstances.
Answer any of the following DEMOGRAPHICS that are relevant to your idea:
- Are they male or female?
- What is their age?
- Where do they live?
- What do they do for work?
- What level of education do they have?
- Are they in a relationship?
- Do they have a family?
Now, narrow the focus… what INFLUENCES are relevant to your idea:
- What do they like or dislike?
- What hobbies or interests do they have?
- What are their favourite things?
- What do they prefer?
- What characteristics make them an ideal customer?
What CHALLENGES do they have:
- What concerns them most?
- What would stop them returning to your business/idea?
- Do they object to anything?
- What do they fear?
- What makes them anxious?
- Can they get what they need?
- What would they spend?
What MOTIVATES your ideal customer:
- Do they want simple or complex?
- Are they interested in how they/it looks?
- What would bring them back to your business/idea?
- Do they want quality/quantity/rarity
- What makes them feel good?
These people are your early adopters.